Funding Bodies

The DSA is available to part-time and full-time Undergraduate and Postgraduate students who meet the eligibility criteria.

Before an assessment can be organised the student has to apply to the relevant funding body. This could be Student Finance England / Wales, NHS Bursaries, the Open University, Student Awards for Scotland (SAAS), a Research Council or an Education and Library Board in Northern Ireland.

In the first instance, it is suggested that students contact the disability support service at their institution for advice and assistance with an application, although funding bodies can also be approached directly.